12/01/2018

It's Advent time

Advent time is coming

It's finally time today. Tomorrow is the 1st Advent, and the Christmas season 2018 starts. November is finally behind us and we can look forward to a month with many colorful lights, candles and the smell of cookies and other Christmas baked goods. This morning the children have opened the first door in the Advent calendar, and there are only 24 days until Santa Claus arrives.


View about the Christmas Market 2018


After the preparations of the last weeks we open today our Christmas Market 2018 in the Sunshine Realm, and with it also our Christmas time here. In December we will have some events in the street in front of the Sunshiner's Pub and also in the pub itself. And surely we will also celebrate our Christmas party here.



We will begins at 4pm and our DJ Alexa Bliss will entertain us with Rock and Blues Music with matching with the theme. We will have fun together, and invite our friends and members of the Sunshine Group to Opening Party. For this we will filling the Jackpot of the Contestboard with minimum 1,000 L$ to split. You should invite your friends, nobody should be alone in this days.

╚» Style: ♬ Christmas Rock ♬ 
╚» Who: ★ DJ  Alexa Bliss ★ 
╚» When: ⏰ 12/01 @ 4pm - 6pm ⏰ 
ȯ Contest 1,000 Linden to Split

SecondLife Scheduler

We look forward to see you all at our Christmas Market 2018.


View on the decorated Sunshiner's in snow

I did built my first Christmas Market in SecondLife spontaneously  on December 20, 2016. It was still in a Skybox above the "Trails End Music Hall", our Trails End Winter Wonderland. It was also the first time that I have ever built independently in the public area of Secondlife. It was more of a crazy idea. I used it to deal with my own anger and fear about the cowardly and sneaky attack of the IS the night before here in Berlin. Like many Berliner Citizen I had phoned, asked my family and friends whether they had arrived home well. The celebration of peace and ultimately reconciliation, a Christmas market as a strong symbol of peace, had become the target of this perfidious attack. But it was also a big thank you to all my friends here in SecondLife, who all addressed me the night before, asked about me and my family, showed me their solidarity and prayed with me. I was very touched by this intensity of friendship and cohesion here in SecondLife. 


Unfortunately, history has caught up with this post. All my thoughts, wishes and prayers are with my friends from France. Strasbourg is a new high point of this fanatical hatred, misunderstood religion. No one stands above another, we are all equal and share one world. To all who believe to use God as justification for your cruelties.  You're cowardly, pathetic assholes. Violence against innocent people is no solution, and I'm sure God will never let you go to heaven. 


Christmas Market 2016 over Trails End Music Hall

And so I also built a Christmas market in 2017, then in my new country, today's Sunshine Realm. I just had to move, so we had room for a Winterland 2017 that the Sunshine Family designed together. It was still the 1/8 Sim on the left side of today's Sunshine Realm. It was the home of the Sunshine Family for 2 weeks and we had a lot of fun.


View at the Winterland 2017 with Christmas Market in background


I wanted something special again this year. And so we are all looking forward to the opening of the Christmas Market in our Winterland 2018.


Arrival of the three Kings from the Orient

SecondLife is a world without borders. I could learn a lot here. We all live in one world, and this in RL too. Even if Christmas is a Christian feast, it stands like no other for hope and peace. The poinsettia brought the 3 kings from the Orient to the manger with the Jesus Child. Only if we respect each other, are open to the other culture, and share this together, will we be able to experience a better world for our children. I have different friends from different countries, with different cultural backgrounds and religions. But this is not a threat, I do not lose my culture or have to give up. It enriches us. But whether it's Christmas, a festival of lights or Hannukah, let's celebrate this time peacefully and experience it together for a better world, without xenophobia, fear and nationalism. Merry Christmas to all of you.

You will find some more Pictures about our Christmas Market and the Opening Party in my Google Images Album. We look forward to see you in our Winterland, here is the Sunshine Realm Landmark in the Grid of SecondLife.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is almost here!!! YAY :) Last night was so much fun. Was so wonderful to see everyone in their Christmas costumes. :) Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete