7/04/2018

4th of July at Skate-o-rama

4th of July at Skate-o-rama 

It's not my time, I'm 9 hours earlier, so this was early morning at the next day. But I had planned to experience one of the big parties in Calas Galadhon Park. And I love skating, whether in summer or winter. And somehow I also wanted to understand what this Independence Day meant for my friends from the USA. So I chose a dress that at least looks a little vintage, a jeans jacket and a walkman and backpack, and of course my inliners. I was really curious, I liked to be in skate-o-rama last year, and watching a 4th of July party kept me awake.


Arrived in Skate-o-rama at Calas


Since I knew it from earlier gala parties, I went half an hour before the start. It can happen often here that the Sim is full. And I didn't want to miss it for the world. I also had time to try out some of the new skate animations and look around undisturbed. And, there's no other way to put it, this is where standards are set. Thanks a lot Ty Tenk & Truck Meredith for sharing this with us. It's a wonderful place in SecondLife again, and everyone should really take time to stop by.


Skating on the Rink of Skate-o-rama

Then the fireworks started and it was an unforgettable show. With the music to it, I think I listened to the USA national anthem with Lyric for the first time, but also Beethoven's 9th Symphony, I really got goose bumps. And when the Statue of Liberty appeared from the smoke of the fireworks, I really couldn't close my mouth in amazement afterwards. Thank you for this wonderful experience.


Statue of Liberty with Firework about Skate-o-rama

Then Savannah Rain came on stage. Somehow I imagined it the same way. A barn in the South, an awesome and breath-taken voice. Again just goose bumps, and it wasn't just the songs that she entertained with her unique voice. 


Savannah Rain at stage

There were also many stories she told. Now I only learned real English in SecondLife, and something just seemed to have happened. In any case, I understood most of it without really using my brain for this. It was when I was in the middle of it, listening. And it was precisely these stories that deeply impressed me. Not only did I enjoy the music that evening, but I also experienced a little bit about the USA and the people there, closeness to home and pride that is deeply embedded in childhood memories. I felt very close to my friends from the USA.


Ty Tenk & Truck Meredith

And once again I realized that the US is not in president or the White House, it are many people with their successes dreams and memories, and the community of these. Thank you for allowing me to experience this, and not only to improve my English but also to understand it better. SecondLife brings us all closer together, and simply taking off our own glasses, approaching others without reservations, that takes us all further.


Small snack after roller-skating

I will definitely make a note of the date today. And if I can somehow, I'll sleep first to be back in. And I have added some dates in July to my calendar, maybe I will manage to attend one of the events.


Advertising for upcoming events in skate-o-rama

I can only recommend everyone to put on roller skates and stop by Skate-o-rama. It's just fun. And if you don't have roller skates, you can get them there. So get going and relax a little bit. There is also a lot to see in front of the roller skating rink. The highway with the parking lot, and on the many interesting cars, a look back in history, nostalgia and beauty. 


Parking in front of the roller skating rink

And surely be amazed again, what is possible in this virtual world. Like usual are there some more pictures in my Google Images Album. Maybe you will visiting it and may enjoying the impressions of this amazing event.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Angelika for the lovely blog post about Calas Galadhon! So very glad you enjoyed the event and learned a bit about what our July 4 celebration means to us. Different countries but one planet.

    ReplyDelete